InMobi’s 2021 Mobile Programmatic Advertising Report is Here!
For a deep dive into the current state of the mobile in-app advertising market in the U.S. and around the world, grab your copy of our 2021 Mobile Programmatic Advertising Report.
- A significant market share of all digital marketing budgets are now going to mobile and being spent programmatically. So in the world of programmatic, it makes sense to focus on mobile and in-app. And as the consumer behavior data shows, consumers are spending more and more time on their mobile devices and using apps.
- In this report, programmatic advertising trends are broken down as follows:
- How our demand-side platform (DSP), brand and agency partners are approaching mobile programmatic advertising both globally and specifically in North America.
- How mobile app publishers, studios and developers are approaching mobile programmatic advertising and monetization, especially in light of Apple’s changes around privacy.
- Charting mobile programmatic advertising’s future in 2022 and beyond.
In this report, we reviewed our own first-party data from InMobi Exchange. Here is a small snippet of what we highlight around programmatic digital media trends on mobile:
- In June 2021, mobile programmatic ad spending was up 44% as compared to January 2021.
- There were 60 billion more programmatic ad requests in Q2 2021 as compared to Q1.
- On mobile, are digital display ads still prominent? In Q2 2021, around 60% of all ads were static banners while the remaining 40% were interstitials (including fullscreen ads) and videos — and we saw a similar breakdown in Q1.
- In Q2 2021, one in five ad dollars spent programmatically on mobile came from retailers.
- 82% of the Fortune 500 was buying programmatically in Q2 2021.
- 249% growth in North America ad spending, H1 2021 vs. H1 2020
- In the first half of 2021, around 80% of all ad spending went to gaming apps.
- 26% increase in ad requests from in-app bidding, Q1 to Q2 2021.
- By the week of July 18, 73% of global iOS ad requests were for Apple mobile devices running iOS 14.5 and above.
- By August 8, 55% of non-gaming app users had opted in to IDFA.
Sneek Peak Of Our 2021 Mobile Programmatic Advertising Trends Report
For a preliminary look at this new ebook, enjoy this preview!
2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic have had a profound impact on programmatic and digital advertising, with consumers staying home and with sectors like travel dramatically curtailing their marketing activities. Nevertheless, digital ad spending worldwide grew over 12% in 2020 and is on pace to grow an additional 20% in 2021, according to eMarketer.
While 2021 holds a lot of promise, especially in markets such as the U.S. and the U.K., there is still a lot of uncertainty. What will the post-pandemic future hold for digital marketers and advertisers?
- In 2020 and 2021, one thing has been clear is the growth of mobile. Mobile is no longer the second screen, but rather the most popular media source in the house.
- Between 2019 and 2020, the average American spent an estimated 30 minutes more on mobile, according to eMarketer.
- By 2021, adults in the U.S. will spend over four and half hours on their mobile devices.
- Since 2019, Americans have been spending more time looking at their mobile devices than they do watching linear television.
Digital advertising budgets and time spent on mobile are on the rise. What does this mean for the current state of mobile programmatic advertising?
We began looking into the current state of in-app mobile programmatic advertising in 2018 and 2019. But how has programmatic evolved since then?
To answer these questions, we reviewed data on billions of transactions that have occurred on our exchange since the beginning of 2019. As a global business that serves up to 7.3 billion ad requests each day across more than 1.5 billion mobile users around the world, we are in a unique position to see how programmatic is growing and evolving across the globe.
Kickstart Your Mobile Programmatic Advertising With InMobi
Interested in launching a mobile programmatic advertising campaign that yields real results? Reach out to InMobi! Get in touch with our mobile experts.
As the leading experts in mobile, InMobi can help you execute a successful programmatic advertising and marketing campaign that reaches consumers at scale through their most-used device.
What were the biggest surprises to you from this report, and how do you think mobile programmatic advertising will evolve in 2022 and beyond? Let us know your thoughts on the topic on social media! You can reach out to us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
About the Author
Matthew Kaplan has over a decade of digital marketing experience, working to support the content goals of the world’s biggest B2B and B2C brands. He is a passionate app user and evangelist, working to support diverse marketing campaigns across devices.
Originally published at https://www.inmobi.com.